• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 850W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jamie2939

i bought a custom built pc OCZ W Games XStream - low noise, Modular in 2008,never for the life of me would the PSU go belly up:mad:

i bought another OCZ psu modular of 700'ish

my problem on not taking psu out box ,is,.

r the cables that plug into the pc are they all the same on the OCZ,the end that plugs into the PSU- single cables,the ones that gives the psu the name modular:mad:

The plugs that go into the motherboard will be the same... 24 pin, 4/8 pin around the CPU and of course sata/pcie/molex.

I THINK that is what you are asking?

I think he's asking if he can use the modular cables from his old OCZ PSU on his new OCZ PSU.

To be honest, I'm not really sure, I'd have to take a look at them. The motherboard connections will be the same, but no idea if they switched the plug on the PSU side.

I know on some seasonic models they are different, not sure on this one. I would just use what came with the new one to be safe and do it right. :)

The plugs that go into the motherboard will be the same... 24 pin, 4/8 pin around the CPU and of course sata/pcie/molex.

I THINK that is what you are asking?
No not them

The individual cables like the rail one

Jamie

I would check the color coding and a quick voltage check to verify, but I would think they standardized... Never a for sure thing though.

It's coz I can't get steady enuf hands to grip small screws(got hand tremors)

I need to find the OCZ 850w to make a swap on psu

Back