• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shipping Computer (unbuilt)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pass62

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some reassurance.

I have a brand new computer system all in parts, all their original unopened boxes.
I need to ship it to myself in Bulgaria from the UK.
I have the monitor totally unopened in its original packaging as one parcel and all the parts in original unopened packaging in another box.

No courier company will cover computers or monitors for damage, only loss.
The only thing that is assembled is the mobo/cpu bundle

Should be alright seeing that it is all packaged properly and it original boxes? Not a full assembled system? I was looking to use UPS.

Thanks in advance :)

When packed properly.. it will be fine. Newegg/tiger/scan etc ship that kind of stuff thousands of times per day and they arrive successfully. You would not be the first person that shipped their computer parts.

Pack it well and all should be fine.

Thank you EarthDog,

When you say pack it well, I have put all the original boxes into a larger box with foam and air pocket bags in the gaps. The monitor box is completely unopened. Should the 2 boxes be fine like this?

That is about how I would do it. Make sure they do not move within the boxes and all should be well. :)

Back