• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock Extreme 3 crashes in BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

When I enter the BIOS, I notice that sometimes the BIOS will exit leaving a black screen which is followed by the Windows loading logo. I noticed that the speed of the mouse seems to play a role. If I move my mouse fast, the screen goes black and then Windows starts loading. If I move my mouse really slow, then it seems I am able to use the BIOS as long as I want.

I did not have this problem when I first bought the mobo, there are no mobo BIOS updates available, and the computer does not have this problem outside of the BIOS.

Yes it is stable. I have been running it for months without a single crash, and the BIOS is not resource intensive. You could run it with a Pentium I. I dont see how the BIOS could have gotten messed up since it is completely independent of the computer.

Back