• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 Media Center issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I haven't had this issue in a while but for some reason Win 7 Media Center gives me problems every so often. The last time this happened was about 3 months ago, then it happened again this weekend. Everything works fine, I'm using my Ceton 4 tuners with a cable card and then suddenly MC can't find the tuners, and becomes unresponsive. As an example, I start my machine (usually leave it running to keep up with recordings) and get into MC and try to go to live TV and it says it can't find a tuner, repeated errors of recording errors and it is sluggish in responding to those (clicking OK to get the error to go away), I play some recorded shows and an error comes up and I click OK, but it won't go away (completely unresponsive) but the show continues to play but I can't fast forward. I restart and the same thing happens, I erase the tuner presets in the Ceton diagnostics tool and re-find my tuners and then everything is fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Or do I just need to re-find my tuners every 3 months?

On a related (but not really note) is there any way to get media center to automatically skip commercials? I had a fix in Win XP, but it seems to be gone now.

Thanks for you help

yog

I have a Ceton InifiniTV4. The only issues I had was getting my cable company(Mid-Continent) to get the cable card to sync with the cable card. Since then mine has worked flawlessly. If I don't turn on my HTPC for extended periods of time I have to reload the guide but that's the only issues I have had. Sorry I can't suggest more, maybe someone else has had similar issues...

Back