• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding Case Lighting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about adding some case lighting. The last LAN party I went too, a guy commented that inside the case was too dark and he couldn't see the 'goodies' without a flashlight. I happen to agree. My case is a Corsair 800d and I have no LED fans. The only LEDs visible inside are those on my RAM and the eVGA logo on the hydro copper backplate.

I was thinking about an LED strip, but I have no experience with this. My first question is how long should I make it? I mean, should I have 4 strips? 2 strips? or one long one? There is a site I can get custom length LED strips from and I can get one of three different types of connectors (3-pin fan header, 4-pin molex, or 5-sata).

What do you guys think?

Just get 2 12" LED strip, one at the top one at the bottom, the key for good lightning is you have to hide the LED strip or the CFFL light, so when other people look inside your case, they don't see the LED strip, just the light from the LED strip alone.

I used 4 custom length strips, did some soldiering and added a molex connector. what do you think?

Attachments

• 10157387_10153992666600646_1346658365_n.jpg
    10157387_10153992666600646_1346658365_n.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 113
Very nice
Can you take some shot with the side panel off, most people would open the side panel to show off their hardware.
i use to have the 800d too, until recently, i upgrade the pc and ran out of room so i have to change to a bigger case :)

picture.php

picture.php

I mounted the light strip on the inside of the side panel, so if I remove the panel, the lights go too. I'm also thinking about using some of these lights under the case, kinda a glow to the footing area. What do you think? I don't want to go overboard with the lights, but I have 12+ feet of it left! I also work at a place that has a laser engraver. I was thinking about getting the plexi-glass engraved with a design of some sort. Not sure exactly what though. And I'm hesitant b/c I still want to be able to see inside the case unobstructed. I play most FPS like Battlefield. Any design ideas for the engraving?

Back