• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading MOBO.. need advice..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So yeah what caused the whole reason behind this upgrade was due to the fact my pc continues to black out suddenly and nvidia says it was nearly crashing and it said it had recovered before it did.. Although if I do upgrade my drivers I will freeze for 2-3 minutes and suddenly its ok, and doesnt say anything about what happened. So i have to keep using older drivers.

I am currently gaming at 1080.

I would get a 4GB GTX 770 instead of a 780Ti then.

Run HWMonitor and then run Unigine Heaven. When you're done take a screenshot of the HWMonitor window and post it here.

Isnt there a bigger performance difference from 770 to the 780 ti? I've been hearing there is more GPUS Releasing soon? or is this false? Last update i did to my driver was last year February.

Isnt there a bigger performance difference from 770 to the 780 ti? I've been hearing there is more GPUS Releasing soon? or is this false? Last update i did to my driver was last year February.

For 1080p, a 770 is more than enough.
I ran a 770 2GB for ~8 months. The only reason I switched was because I switched from single 1080p to triple 1080p.
The 780/780Ti are really only necessary for people wanting triple monitor or 1440p gaming.

The 800 series of the GeForce GPUs should be coming out soon, but that could still be 3-4 months out.

I had actually considered getting a triple 1080p setup but what prevented me doing it was the fact I paid 400 for this monitor and wouldnt wanna have 2 different ones.. hmm.. 2-3 months that is pretty far away.. Just tired of the freezing issues ive had.

I would try updating your drivers.

Back