• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird computer problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I could, I looked through all the settings, changed a few things around, tested, cleared cmos, tested again with different settings, etc...

I thought that maybe there was a legacy option turned on somewhere that didn't need to be or something.

1 - after powering on the system, the fans would spin up then everything would shutdown, then start back up and run.

That's normal when hitting the power button after it was just first plugged in or turned back on after a power outage..... (This occurs with my 775 boards)

And using non-default bus clock and/or multi makes the board do that more, at least on my Maximus II Gene.

(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

Sounds like a short somewhere...

Take it apart. Completely.

Put the motherboard in or on a non-glossy cardboard box.

Reassemble carefully

Thanks for the advice, all good now.

I was getting the same error: (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

After taking off the cover, cleaning the dust and making sure no bad contacts, then screwing the cover back on... no more messages. Computer now goes to sleep and wakes up fine.

Back