• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your favourote underrated/unsuccessful games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but it has been a while. What are your favourite games that were either commercially unsuccessful or that you feel were just generally underrated?

Please give a short description and limit yourself to 2 or 3 otherwise this will just become unreadable.

Mine are:

Metal Fatigue. An RTS similar in style to TA, but with a proper 3D engine, battlemechs, and 3 very different factions. Rated by the critics, but nobody much bought it.

CnC Renegade. You all know what this is. Yes the single player was crap, but the mutiplayer made a great change from another round of CS 1.0 or Team Fortress.

Also Metal Fatigue for me, just loved customizing the mechs and the 3 layer battlefield.

Sacred, dunno if this is underrated but it's not very known as far as I know, diablo-ish hack&slash game with nice graphics and amazing detail on your own character.

Battlefield 2142, why does everybody keep praising Battlefield 2 yet nobody mentions 2142? :confused:

I loved Bubsy or was it Busby?.. Anyhow.. it was SNES game (even a PS1 game but that totalllyy sucked and was a joke) basically.. its kinda like mario if he was a cat killing dogs instead of turtles and getting balls of yarn instead of gold coins...

Mine would have to be LowRider for the PS2. You start with a broken down car and compete to earn cash to up grade parts. Most reviewers give it a 2 or below.

SeasonalEclipse said:
I loved Bubsy or was it Busby?.. Anyhow.. it was SNES game (even a PS1 game but that totalllyy sucked and was a joke) basically.. its kinda like mario if he was a cat killing dogs instead of turtles and getting balls of yarn instead of gold coins...

My wife LOVES that game. She has had it for years. We have the original PC version around here somewhere.

Red Faction (for PC). That game never seemed to get a lot of love but it's still fun today. It offered a lot of stuff that other games didn't at the time, and the multiplayer is easily in my top 5 favorites.

Enablingwolf said:
My wife LOVES that game. She has had it for years. We have the original PC version around here somewhere.

PC version?... whaaa? Iv only heard of the 3 on SNES and the 3D one made for PS1 that was a HUGE joke game.

Red Faction was pretty good but Red Faction 2 seemed to be just a rehash. My underrated game would be Master of Orion 3. Poor reviews and poor response from fans but I think its one of the best turn based strategy games that I have played.

Battlezone! This was for the PC 6 or 7 years ago. What other game had FPS, vehicles, and RTS, all rolled into one? You were a commander on the Moon fighting the Russians, while the moon landing was being filmed over the next hill! Genius!

Springbok said:
Battlezone! This was for the PC 6 or 7 years ago. What other game had FPS, vehicles, and RTS, all rolled into one? You were a commander on the Moon fighting the Russians, while the moon landing was being filmed over the next hill! Genius!

I forgot all about baatlezone! I had a copy till the disk got scratched up too badly.. Another old PC game that I loved was hardwar or something like that.. Its.. 10 years or older by now but its based on this mining world that was built just fo rmining.. then the company abandoned the people there and 100 years have passed and everyone is starting to want to get off and try to build new forms of ships that could do that.. or something.. been a while since iv played it.

damarble said:
Red Faction (for PC). That game never seemed to get a lot of love but it's still fun today. It offered a lot of stuff that other games didn't at the time, and the multiplayer is easily in my top 5 favorites.

Yeah I loved taking advantage of the geomod to get cunning kills in deathmatch.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto - got great reviews, sold hardly any copies...i had a blast playing it :D

Ooh Battlezone reminded me of another one: Shockwave! It was an arcade-esque flight game where you had to defend earth from an alien invasion (pretty complex story for that generation of games :rolleyes: ). It even had *gasp* FMV cutscenes! :eek:

red faction for ps2 (it was a hit, but i did love it so)

tunneling up and inside walls to come out really high on the map and snipe people

and the railgun...through walls

Back