• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your favourote underrated/unsuccessful games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No one lives forever 1&2, got great reviews, but sold like crap. I love those games :p That and the obligatory Deus Ex 1, never did even close to a regular release does, but kicked oh so much ***. :D

Fathom1990 said:
Psychonauts, a surreal platform game about a plot to steal brains.

Yea that game was pretty good, got alot of rater love but didnt sell at all if i remember right.

System Shock 2

(Yes 2. The nostalgics who obsess over SS1 need to consider what the chances are that someone who's played modern FPSs would ever be able to play the key-ridden RPG monstrosity that SS1 truly was.)

I remember trying out Metal Fatigue as a demo once upon a time. I need to give that game another try.

Ultima VII The Black Gate. Pretty sure it sold well back in 94(?) But I think the technology it had makes it very underrated. Great 2D graphics and colors, awesome storyline and AI routines that still arent implemented properly in today's RPGs.

Although, it had a funky memory manager...which made it a real chore to get to run properly in the old days.

More recently Vampire Bloodlines: The Masquerade, with the community patches it's GREAT! Some older games, which I haven't heard about in years, would be Dungeon Keeper and Motoracer. I still have the CD's for Dungeon Keeper and Motoracer, but they don't work. :cry:

KKND and KKND2 (Krush Kill and Destroy) awesome RTS games that were really fun, and you could customize units!

Majesty - Another pretty cool mix of rpg and rts.

Arcanum
Command & Conquer (why does every fawn all over red alert it wasnt that much different?)
Alpha Centari
Gothic Series
Freelancer
KROZ
MDK2

Every 2kSports game ever released **** EA

HAHA! amen to that.

Oni, made by Bungie studios before MS swallowed them. It had a really cool ground-up engine that blended hand-to-hand combat and weaponry. Almost nobody knows about it. It was absolutely fantastic. They made it for the PS2 and PC. I played it on PC. It was ported brilliantly.

Earthbound for the SNES is another one that just about nobody knows about beyond it's cult following. It is probably my most favourite game ever. Quirky settings, interesting characters, cool powers and trippy backgrounds make this game totally awesome.

You can find it on eBay for about USD$80 without a box or manual. With box and manual they go for about USD$120 (that's what it was when I last checked). Absolutely fantastic game.

Marathon and Marathon 2 - good ol' pre-M$ Bungie... classic shooters
Planescape: Torment - the best game BioWare did that nobody played...
Under A Killing Moon - murder mystery style game... awesome game for its time

Oni said:
Oni, made by Bungie studios before MS swallowed them. It had a really cool ground-up engine that blended hand-to-hand combat and weaponry. Almost nobody knows about it. It was absolutely fantastic. They made it for the PS2 and PC. I played it on PC. It was ported brilliantly.

Earthbound for the SNES is another one that just about nobody knows about beyond it's cult following. It is probably my most favourite game ever. Quirky settings, interesting characters, cool powers and trippy backgrounds make this game totally awesome.

You can find it on eBay for about USD$80 without a box or manual. With box and manual they go for about USD$120 (that's what it was when I last checked). Absolutely fantastic game.

I happen to know both! And I totally agree! Great games that got little attention!

damarble said:
Red Faction (for PC). That game never seemed to get a lot of love but it's still fun today. It offered a lot of stuff that other games didn't at the time, and the multiplayer is easily in my top 5 favorites.

no kidding!!!!!!

i sat there and played that LONG single player in one day

Back