• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sometimes I just want to kick my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

with a BIG Boot

It seems that you have to jump through hoops to get any info about linux from the net, and if you don't use the correct words, or phrazes in the search engines, then you're borked. :bang head

I tried to lookup "why is my devices button in linux greyed out" or "why can't I see my drives in linux" and the the amount of irrelevant crud returned is astonishing.

I try do do most of my own research so as not to be too much of a pain (noob questions and all) and it is really hard and frustrating sometimes, so here I am again with hat in hand asking for more help.

I am currently running Linux Mint16 with the KDE desktop and when I go to computer> and click on Home..Devices is greyed out...why?
TIA,
Doc

Are you trying to mount 'storage' hard drives, or USB connected external drives? IF this is the case, and if the drives happen to be NTFS then you might have to install NTFS-3G.

Back