• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bases for a good oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

giomatta

Registered
a question for u.
the fact that my 2500+ doesn't get over 2.1 ghz, depends on temperature?
which is/are the main cause/s that prevent a good oc?

It should go over 2.1. You need to include way more info in your posts. Mobo, ram, ram timings, FSB, Core volts, etc.......

beg your pardon.
well: soyo kt400 mobo, 512 pc2700, normal timings, alotof FSB and core voltages (166x12 1.65v, 171x12 1.7v, 189x11 1.725 v, got a maximum of 2.136 mhz at dontknowwhatFSB-voltage; but more or less at 2.1 ghz the cpu locks)
300 watt alimentation (...)

what are your temps? try to keep them below 55°C LOAD!! and shoot for under 45° your actually core temp is usually higher so you want to watch out. and if you smell burning, DIVE FOR THE POWER STRIP AND KILL IT!!!!!

and the temps, now (summer, veeery hot here) are 40 or less idle, 55-60 at full load (games)

i was about to say 80cm is like a box fan!!!! coolermaster does make relitivly good products and your temps are?

EDIT: sorry, you type like the windLOL!!! you beat me.

sounds like some ducting could help those temps. private message me in a couple days. modenaf1 is making a ducting guide that should help out all that need ducts. It will have pictures and all that cool stuff.

happy to be here, but now i must switch off the pc.
i'll read the forum for newbies, and will take a look again here tomorrow.
'night

You could also look into the Thermalright SK-7 which is only $20 and when it is coupled with a good high-CFM fan, it will give you much better temps than the coolermaster heatsinks.

i'll check if the sk-7 is buyable in a place near me.
XxxexcelsiorxxX: what about that ducting guide you are talking about?

Back