• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage tricks for BE6-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Propilot

Does anybody know how to up the voltage pass the 1.9v max?

I have looked everywhere for this and can find it for other boards but not this one.

Thanks

You may try vidpinning you can find the info out at www.hardocp.com look in the articles section, it will say its for cellies but the pin configuration and voltage's are the same, theres also a BIOS flash trick but i'm not sure if it applies to your MB.

When vidpinning you must make sure you dont go to high beyond your default CV or it wont work, you may also need better cooling to handle the extra CV, read the instructions close because some chips can only be raised to 2.10 which can be a little to high unless you like to gamble.

you have a slot one... so whats your point?
download the intel data sheet for celerons..... or P3's
and find out what your voltage is...
look at what the next voltage is by connecting the VID pins for the CPU voltage... Most likely 2.05. by connecting them all
then mod the CPU.
Works wonders
now you will be able to get 2.40 volts.

If you want me to help...
i need to know what CPU you have.
So post what CPU you hvae and i'll tell you how to do it

I can use any help that I can get! :)

I have a PIII 750 slot1. The default voltage is 1.65 and I am running at the board max of 1.90v. I runs quite cool at this (max 38c) and I can almost make it to the 1ghz mark, just 3 more FSB mhz. I would like to get to 1.95 or 2.0 max on the voltage.
Also after the mod, can you change volts in the bios or are you stuck at the only voltage that you have mod.

Thanks again

can you tell me what stepping that CPU is?

if you are not sure, just post the letters/numbers that are printed/engraved on the CPU casing.

It is a SL3XP. I believe it is a cbo?
In WCPUID stats it says stepping id 3.
Does that help?

Last edited:
Yes you can change CV in BIOS, I would try and vidpin for 1.75 or 1.8 at the highest, i think if you try for 1.75 Bios may show CV up to 2.00 but as Jay is pointing out your stepping matters if you have the wrong stepping all you can get is 2.10 which could make your CPU toast. Read the instructions carefully and you should do fine.

Without soldering anything, I found a way using nailpolish to block the vdo pins to turn it to a default of 2.10v. Do you think I could do this and safely turn it down to 1.95v in my bios?

Well ive never heard of it being done before but that does not mean it would not work, the only thing that worries me is if vibrations from your HSF somehow wears the nailpolish through then your up to 2.10 and if your cooling cannot handle it your making toast, I'm running at 2.10 but i know i'm gambling so far no problems though running Seti 24\7. i would not recomend this even if you had great cooling but you may be able to try your trick long enough to see if it works but if it shows 2.10 in BIOS I would shut down ASAP and before i tried to see if it worked I would let my CPU cool just to make sure if it did go to 2.10 my CPU would be cool enough to handle the extra CV. Since all MB's are different and i have not heard of this before i'm not sure what your BIOS would say.

I haven't tried because my c2-600 is running fine at 900 using the available 1.75 in the bios... however, I have heard you can shange the voltage on the slotket to 1.7 and reflash your bios. This should trick the bios into thinking you have a cC0 and allow higher voltages. You can check the actual voltage with "motherboard monitor" on your driver's CD or downloadable from abit.
------
Edit-
------
Guess Celemine1Gig below couldn't think of anything nice to say... Guess I'd rather be wrong trying to help than add no value and just point out people's errors. Celemine1Gig is much cooler than me. Maybe he doesn't think he will ever need my help. Hey, take it easy "Junior" (member). ;) "Thinking before you post" also applies to being considerate, not just to being right.

Last edited:
You are the greatest e laursen!

Hey man, he's using a Slot1 CPU, didn't you get that?? Or did you ever see a Slot1 CPU mounted on a Slotket?? Think of it first, before you post something. Sorry, but I had to say that.

Back