• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 Mod Really Does Raise Fsb Up 20+ Mhz!!![Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had to use bios 10 to enable cpu interface on all.....
My board came with 12, and I could not use it at high fsb after doing the L12 mod.
Afterwards np.

PC Ice and Shrymtoon discussed this issue extensively over at AMDMB and Xtreme, so I tried it, and it worked for me.

Kudos to PC and Shrymtoon:thup:

Reason I "bumped and stuck" (aside from the fact it should have been...), I disassembled the "Tribute Rig", this afternoon, and while it was apart, wanted to do this.

I did, it works. ;) Did the 133 to 166 one wire mod. I've yet to push it, other than going back to the specs in my "sig". I want to let the AS3 settle in before I see what happens next. But it booted at a default of a 2700+ (13 x 166).

Hmmm...I'll need to "edit" my sig, too... I'm back on air for the time being, until I finish construction of "Project T2". :cool:

Looks pretty sharp, all nice and cozy in my Chieftec mid tower... :)

b.

ok i've been reading all of this thread and i think i could turn a 133fsb cpu into a 166fsb or 200fsb cpu, very informative...

but is it posible to turn a 166fsb cpu, my barton to be precise, into a 200fsb cpu?? i don't think anyone with a barton has mentioned turning their 166 barton into a 200 barton, it's all been tbred users....

For the 200 mod, you need to connect also AG31 to to Vss.

socket462_fsb_sense_pin.gif

I see 3 Vss, which one do i connect the AG31 to? 1, 2, 3 respectively.... i'm guessing 1 cause it's the closest

if i put a U shaped wire in the red holes of my motherboard cpu socket will my 166fsb barton become a 200fsb barton?
socket462.jpg

thanks

have you tried just lowering the multiplier and over clocking the ram in bios first?

ofcoarse i have, i've tried dozenS of things... with lo luck, i'm getting some ocz, it should get here monday....

but i want to try this L12 mod aswell just to see if it helps overclocking to 200fsb when 200fsb in sync was not posible....

any1 know if this will turn my 166fsb barton into a 200fsb barton???
socket462.jpg

It worked ??

I'm having problem with my setup, I can't get past 180mhz with my baron 2500+ and NF7-S Rev 2.

Should I do the same ?

do it man

i got a 39mhz increase on the fsb(220 in sync currently) :D

when i went into the bios i was expecting to see 3200+ cpu selected but i saw the 2500+ and i thought that i had done something wrong but it worked, i believe the nf7-s may have trouble telling apart the 2 cpus...

you know in the past couple of days i've seen about 4-5 other ppl who are stuck at 180-181, kinda interesting to see all these ppl stuck at the same fsb isn't it?

Could you post a drawing of what you did exactly?

Because I saw different possibilities to get 200FSB on various forums and I want to make sure I do the right thing.

sorry, im a little confused....

so does this mod work for the tbred's only? my barton from excaliberpc should arrive tomorrow.

for a higher FSB, would you guys reccomend disabling ACPI+reinstalling XP or just try w/ ACPI enabled?

leave acpi eneabled........it doesn't help you to disable it........the pin mod might help you......so thats the only mod I think you should do:D

I'm going to give this a run during the next couple weeks, once I finish up with my revised watercooling. I have an NF7-S v2.0 with two sticks of Corsair XMS PC3200 in dual channel, and can't get above 198fsb @ 2.5-3-3-10, 2.8v, CPU interface enabled. Can't get any higher with interface disabled or in single channel, so this sounds like my best bet. AXP 1700+ T-Bred B DTUC3 capable of 2.5+ GHz, so I know it's not the CPU.

any update on the 166 fsb to 200 on the bartons?

im building a friends system with 2500+, nf7-s and 3200 xms mem and he wants max OC.

thanks in advance

Nico3k said:
any update on the 166 fsb to 200 on the bartons?

im building a friends system with 2500+, nf7-s and 3200 xms mem and he wants max OC.

thanks in advance

what do you mean? the 166 to 200 mod will work, it will atleast get you to 200fsb if you can't make it there, if you're already past 200fsb it may give you some more....

Back