• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8150 assembly line shortages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
I was going to buy one of these chips but Newegg was literally sold out in a day and while TigerDirect appears to have them in stock they are actually shipping them from a 3rd party warehouse, delivery in 30-45 days. Anyone know a reliable source to purchase from?

In any event, from a consumer standpoint this is not a good sign. I think newegg must have had less than 100 of them. Hopefully it will not interfere with their 2012 road map. We all need AMD to be competitive!

EDIT: I am getting an out of stock warning for the CPU on the NCIX website as well.

Last edited:
Don't know if you are in Usa or elsewhere since your Profile does not show where...but g00gle shopping shows a couple of 'supposed' locations that have them for sale.

I recommend that you take this as a sign to buy a 2600k, I apologize if this is offtopic but you shouldn't need to buy the chip to verify how poorly it did on the benchmarks (like I did .__.)

I'm thinking craigslist soon for my chip and 990fx board. 2600k here I come

If AMD fails in the CPU sector, think how expensive Intel chips will become! Competition is important from a consumer standpoint.

TigerDirect is a minority owned reseller. So, it kinda is trusted to some degree to a campus. The thing about tiger direct however, is that it's prices greatly vary. Most of the stuff there is more expensive then Newegg, if not the same price. I don't trust them, and their return policy sucks. "No RMAs for opened products." Even if it's new. Once in a blue moon you get lucky.

NCIX, seems to have a better price then newegg.

But as far as the shortages go. Either the bulldozer sold out in a snap, or GF really did have a 32nm yield issue.

Tiger Direct is an option for components but they can be a little sneaky. Make sure you read the fine print carefully and the details of the specs. They tend to take shortcuts, for instance, when bundling together components in a prebuilt system or they may sell you an OEM CPU without being up front about it like Egg would. Just make sure you know what you're getting before you commit. Also, Tiger typically doesn't ship for free like Egg often does.

Back