• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low 3D Marks? WOW!! Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Indcoltsfan32

Okay To make a long story Short

Went from a

Athlon XP 1700
Geforce 2 TI 64MB
MSI KT266 MB

to a

Athlon XP 2600 Barton
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Biostart m7ncd Pro nForce

I checked the 3d Marks with 3d mark 2003 after I swapped everything out and I was at 865!!!

Now the true test, I bought Need for speed Underground and with my previous setup It would get pretty jerky with the graphics on high, especially with alot going on, after i installed everything, I didnt notice a difference, not much anywho, Did I forget something, I know with my last board I had to install the via 4-1 drivers, does the nForce board have something similiar??

Any help is apperciated

Try a cleanout of the drivers with Nasty File Remover (or whichever one you prefer) then reinstall the latest. Also, if that 5200 has 64-bit memory that would affect performance greatly. How jerky is NFSU? If it's only in certain scenes than that's normal, as a 9600XT can drop to the low 30s in smoke filled scenes. http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp has nForce drivers that you could try updating.

yes, it is mostly on smoke filled scenes that the FPS Drops Severly

Another Question, Which one of those is the Mobo driverS??

Is it Platford/nForce?? then is it unified or Nvidia system utility

Thanks for the help

I think you should get a better video card. Fx5200 is not a good performer.

Just a side note... my Geforce3 ti200 outperformed a 5200... I was pretty disgruntled after buyin that card.. returned it within the same hour.

Back