• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First step into water cooling - feedback welcome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got the UV blue ready to be put in my rig right now. Its a gorgeous color.

You'll love the blue in person, its not as dark as pictures show ;)

Quick update:

The parts arrived yesterday. *yey*

Priming still ongoing till I'll get home from work. Had no leaks overnight. So all seems well :D

The blue tubing fits in very well with the blue leds of the waterblock.

The only "problem" I encountered, is my apparent inability to read properly - I ordered the 5.25 bay rez kit and not the photon (cylindrical) rez one.
But in hindsight it fits in better this way and I have enough room to expand later with a GPU waterblock and a second AX240 rad.

:)

The blue tubing fits in very well with the blue leds of the waterblock.

The only "problem" I encountered, is my apparent inability to read properly - I ordered the 5.25 bay rez kit and not the photon (cylindrical) rez one.
But in hindsight it fits in better this way and I have enough room to expand later with a GPU waterblock and a second AX240 rad.

:)

Yay for matching blue!

Happy mistakes, eh?

I didn't want a bay res because nobody made one with a white face that would work well rotated 90°...

Just keep in mind any XSPC leds won't last too long before they dim. I've had 5 seperate sleeved leds from XSPC, sadly they dont last :( luckily FrozenCPU sells leds they will sleeve.

I made an Imgur album for easy viewing :)

I still need to order a UV LED for the UV tubing to kick in.

As for performance:

- browsing 30-35 deg. C
- prime95 and Unity Valley running simultaneously, temps peaked at 63 deg. C after about 20 min.

Fans are on 5V low speed and pump also running on 1/5 (Room temp 23 deg C)

I'm not sure if these are good or not, but I'm pleased with the performance/noise ratio.

Back