• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Split screen issues with software monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

Hey guys, I just hooked up a second screen. As I am running games and benchmarks, I wanted to put temp monitoring programs on the other screen so I can see what the cpu and gpu's are doing. For some applications it stays on the second screen, for most of the others, the screen goes black. Am I doing something wrong? Both screen are lined into my Main GTX 670

Well what seems to be happening is when something goes to "full screen" it is still set to 1 screen. How do you have the screen hooked up? Have you just don't "Extend this desktop on screen 2" or did you actually use your GPU software to make your desktop the total resolution like 3840x1080. Then when you run some applications you need to turn it to windowed if you want to keep both screens on. Anything run in full screen will take the full screen on one monitor unless you jack it resolution up to the 3840x1080 if supported. I don't have all the information I need to make correct assessment this is just a rough one.

Back