• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 9 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
Ok...I know there are mixed results from this HSF...I just wanna know what are some of the O/C's people are getting from this HSF. Also, what their temps are and importantly...How LOUD their o/c is.

Just recieved AGOIA 1600+ Volcano 9 AS 3

trying to atleast get 1800+ speed with next to no noise from my volcano.

I think the V9 has the smart fan like the V7- I used the smart fan from a V7 but used the coolmaster H71 heatsink with the heat pipes. The smart fan is nice because it has three switches high = loud approx 6000 RPM, 75 CFM. The medium is a little noticable- about 4500 RPM approx 40 CFM. Low is at 3000 RPM (i think) cant hear it 25 CFM I think. I leave it on low unless Im folding playing games etc.

Last edited:
I was running a Volcano 9 but I wasn't very impressed with the heatsink. I was hitting 43*C during Prime95 with the fan flat out (5300rpm) which was too loud for me and at 4000rpm I was hitting 50*C.

My max OC with the V9 was 1750 (100% stable) at 1.85v.

Back