• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please....I'm being harassed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After a year of it happening. Do ya think there is any chance of him being reasonable... It takes a special kind of nut case to do it for that long.

After a year of it happening. Do ya think there is any chance of him being reasonable... It takes a special kind of nut case to do it for that long.

Well, from what OP said, it seems as though this is his job (reselling through CL) and that he picked up a dirty competitor.

I use Craigslist, but I'm unhappy about the lack of response to a few major issues as the lack of proper categories and no policeing of the posts as to where they should go.
They don't respond to anyone. It's just too big now and needs to be monitored in every major market.

Questions;
Why do you put any phone number in?
Is it possible there is some weird problem, quirk, or who knows what, your post is getting flagged by itself, not by someone?

You say this has been going on for over a year?? I can't believe anyone is that anal.

How about get a new gmail address, change your account to that, use the craigslist style hidden email response for your ads, and then wait 3 or 4 days after posting ads before contacting the interested parties? Odds are good when you finally do respond with "Sure you can come look at it, my name is Jim, I'm at 555-5555, 123 Fourfive St." your post will be flagged soon, but at least in the interim this will allow you to sell some of your stuff.

And beyond that, if this guy has tried to incite people to rob you, that is clearly a threat, and your police are being very negligent about not pursuing this. Possibly they are daunted by the technology aspect of it, so if you have any of the legwork done (That they can verify) present that as well, or do some legwork, or do a honeypot type trap or something. If he actually calls numbers to determine if the ad is being sold by you, then that's probably a good way to identify him right there unless he's using a prepaid cell phone.

Back