• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DisplayPort stuck at 640x480

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrustyButt

123 West Awesome Ave. Blueberry, Pancakes
Hey guys, I havn't been on the forums for awhile, but I figured what better time to start then now. So I have 3 monitors. On the left, a 22 in.; in the middle a 24 in; and on the right, another 22 in. The left monitor is hooked upto DVI, the middle is hooked up via VGA, and the right monitor is hooked up to VGA using a mini displayport to VGA adapter. The right monitor (the one hooked up with Mini Display Port) is stuck at 640x480. I have reinstalled CCC multiple times, driver swepted, re installed older version, and nothing seems to work. Also, at startup it gives me an error saying That my system has detected a displayport failure, however I have tried it on another system and it works fine. So I was wondering what you guys think.

I have a XFX 6870 2GB and currently I am running driver version 13.4 (I've tried the latest version and doesn't work)

Attachments

• ffc0f1126242015e9bc2292528be430c.png
    ffc0f1126242015e9bc2292528be430c.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,004
Not trying to be a jerk here, but why are you using vga?

Remove the monitor that is plugged into the DP port (unplug it from the card as well). Reboot, do you still get that error?

Well, after 5 hours of fiddling with this, I found a solution. For anyone else having this problem, I uninstalled all my drivers and driver sweeped it. Afterwards, I restarted, (with the DP monitor unplugged), installed latest drivers, and restarted with the DP monitor plugged in. And also, never adjust your resolution through CCC.

Back