• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Prodigy mATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any reason you went with EK Supreme over the new EK Supremacy? They say the newer version is 2C better, reviews back it up too.

Any reason you went with EK Supreme over the new EK Supremacy? They say the newer version is 2C better, reviews back it up too.

Yes there is a reason.

Its going to be cooling an i7 3770, so no overclocking, means no "extreme" temps, it was cheap. I do have a Supremacy laying around, for use on my 3770K, but i think the Supreme will be fine on a CPU that cant be overclocked.

I got a some parts today.

IMG_0502.JPG

Welding on the case should be done this week, everything is ready, just needs welding, grinding, and paint!

Last edited:
This came today.
IMG_0505.JPG

Should also be getting my EK-FC7870 later this week.

I really want the welding to start, since the case is soon to be the last piece of the puzzel to start with.

Last edited:
Thank you for learning how to host those internally. I can see all the photos now, and it looks GREAT! I will keep an eye on this thread now! :)

Now its starting to look like something at long last!

Set up ready for welding.
IMG_0514.JPG

And....

AFTER!!! :D
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG

I know it doesnt look all the pretty, but it is very hard to weld such thin metal together, and i think the result is very good compared to the task i set the guy welding.

Grinding, sanding, and others need to be done now, some paint, i thinking primer, then i need to cut the last pieces out at the top, over where the GPU's mount, and then it will all be painted.

Once paint is done, the best part starts! Putting it allllll back together :D

Last edited:
Theres no reason to slow down.

Primer, and actually a bit of paint was applied.

IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG

I have made the last cut out by now, and the whole part has been painted and just needs to dry for a few more coats of paint :attn:

Can you take the time to smooth it out and then paint it?

No, the metal is so thin, that the welder told me, i could make the welding too weak if i grinned it down flat. It was my plan, but i am ok with the current result since you dont see it much anyway.

Last edited:
Update, and its a bigger one.

I finished painting, and its dried as must as it needs to for me to work with it.
IMG_0524 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0525 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0526 (Custom).JPG

Can you guess whats next?? :D

IMG_0527 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0528 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0530 (Custom).JPG

Got it all rivets done, and took it home!

IMG_0531 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0532 (Custom).JPG

Fit the motherboard, and stuffed my wrecked 4890 in the rig so see if cards actually fit.

IMG_0533 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0534 (Custom).JPG
Looking good! :thup:

Stuck fans on the rads, and i went for pull all over.
IMG_0535 (Custom).JPG

Now, i had planned on making it work so that i could use the stock mounting for 120mm fans in the rear.. That plan is not taking shape, the GPU will be in the way. I did suspect this, so i will find a way around it, possible cut a fan and make it fit, but such is modding.
IMG_0536 (Custom).JPG

I have mounted the 240mm rad, but not taking pictures yet, so more will come tomorrow. :thup:

Last edited:
I got another update.

This came in the mail today.
IMG_0539 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0540 (Custom).JPG

Got it mounted, and took a few more pics of my current progress.

IMG_0541 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0542 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0543 (Custom).JPG

Overlook
IMG_0544 (Custom).JPG

Right now, i need a small res, and other things.

I have come to the conclusion i need to change the motherboard for a Z77 with the PCI-E slots to be placed so i can fit both GPUs, once i find a second 7870 to buy.

Back