• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will FX6300 overclock well with only m5a97 r2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SubPar man, I think you have a g00d grip on what is going on. The freeken humidity is what gets my old arse now days for sure. And no I hate the heat more today than 15 years ago for sure.

Within any 'type' of cpus, Mhz is still king. Not only does one need to investigate whether he needs a full 8 core FX processor but a case that has very good air-flow and ultimately some good cpu cooling to get the heat outside of the case. All this even or greatly more so in warm climates

Went over to FrostyTech to see what was at the top of the chart at around $125.00 and found this:
LINKY >> http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2752&page=4

FrostyTech Mk.II Synthetic Thermal Heatsink Test Results AMD class heatsinks tested at a 125W heat load.

Abstract: Coolermaster's Nepton 280L is the best performing all-in-one CPU watercooler Frostytech has tested... thus far. More surprisingly for us, the Nepton 280L managed to rise to the top of the 200W Intel LGA2011, 150W & 85W Intel LGA115x/775 and 125W AMD synthetic thermal heatsink test results charts. After testing +750 CPU thermal solutions, it's kind of nice to be surprised.

Now that they are testing AiO units, it was interesting to see what was near the top now in AiO.

You get enough cool and you can run that FX-6350 in the 4.5Ghz range and in that range they are able to flex FX muscle.
RGone...

Back