• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bx6 Rev 2 Bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zino

I have a Bx6 R2 running a celeron 900 @ 117 1/4 fsb. It is stable. I was wondering if there are tweaks in the Bios that I need to do to make it run at optimum levels??

Thank you

i have the same board. hows your temps. the bx6 2 gets hot at any fsb over 100. there isn't too much you can do do improve stability in the bios without losing performance.

Celly 566@952 112 fsb 1.75v

I have my agp apature set to 256 megs of ram.
I have shadowing on.
My ram is old so its set to cas 3.
agp is currently set to 2/3
ecc is enabled

increasing voltage usually increases stability but you have to be really careful since it also increases the amount of heat your chip puts out.

I think your best bets for stability are hardware mods. a few things you could do is replace the green heatsink on you motherboard with a blorb, buy a good heatsink for your celly 900. I have an alpha pal 6035 on mine that works great. buy better ram. ram that can do cas 2 at 133 would be ideal for your chip. I have fans on my hard drives too.

Temps seem to be fine. I am not pushing mine as hard as yours with a 900 celeron.
I have the voltage at 1.75, I do have Mushkin 133 Highspeed Ram, I can get it to post at 124FSB but it will not boot Windows!

I have a new GeForce 2 ultra, New memory, and a new CPU. The old stuf would be the hardrive, Soundcard, and the NIC!

yea i can tweak mine to post at 1054 but it wont run windows.

try removing your nic and sound card and see if it will run at 124 fsb. sometimes these hold you back. also play with the voltage a little bit. maybe up to 1.85. dont go too high though because you have to remember that more voltage means higher temps.

you can disable video bios shadowing to improve stability but this slows down your system so its not really worth it.

if your ram can do cas 2 at 133 then try setting it to do this and you memory performance will increase by quite a bit.

thats about all of my tips. theres another post in the intel motherboard forum about a bx6 motherboard here that i think i wrote a bit more on.

Back