• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Me too. I posted it a few posts above yours but I guess everyone ignored it. :shrug:

Webpage added.

Apologies to everyone, I have been super busy in the last year and just had my third child in August. I try to find time for me here and there, and sadly doesn't leave me very much spare time to get around to this. I'll try to update more often. I keep an eye on here every week or so, nothing has gone out of control yet other than the last update was a long time comin.. any issues please do not hesitate to let me know. :salute:

Hey, i'm putting a i7 4770K rig, and was looking for PSU, my choice off thelist was XFX PRo 650W Core edition for 93$, but since(i didnt read tthem all) Corsair and alike were top notch are they worth 117$(HX650) diffrence? They are both on the list and i know that they will probably both last for a good time, but since 117 is quite off my budget, i was still wondering if HX650 is still that much better to be going off budget than XFX 650W Core edition?

Hey, i'm putting a i7 4770K rig, and was looking for PSU, my choice off thelist was XFX PRo 650W Core edition for 93$, but since(i didnt read tthem all) Corsair and alike were top notch are they worth 117$(HX650) diffrence? They are both on the list and i know that they will probably both last for a good time, but since 117 is quite off my budget, i was still wondering if HX650 is still that much better to be going off budget than XFX 650W Core edition?

It's manufactured by Seasonic, and it should be a solid performer. If you can get for $93, jump on it.

You simply cannot go wrong between high end corsair, or a seasonic.

You simply cannot go wrong between high end corsair, or a seasonic.

Thanks man, really appreciated.
I don't think XFX Core Edition 650W is high end, but what do i know? :p
Thanks, so i can be having it in the future...

Good day

I am looking at this PSU Silencer Mk III 750 watt PSU and have had a few people recommend it , the funny thing is I search on amazon and they dont offer th MKIII only the MK II

I am also open for any recommendations on other PSU this will be my first one that I pick for my self :D

I dont know how much watt i need But i am shooting for a 750 this way i am covered good if i ever decide to go SLI with MOBO overclock

Many thanks

I would Like to add If i decide to go with a 1000watt PSU from the recommended here in this Post , will this Hurt my PC in any way if i dont have crossfire and sli and all that stuff

???

Thank you

I would Like to add If i decide to go with a 1000watt PSU from the recommended here in this Post , will this Hurt my PC in any way if i dont have crossfire and sli and all that stuff

???

Thank you

Firas,

That Silencer may be out of production and replaced by a newer model.

If you want to buy a 1000 watt unit, it won't hurt anything at all but if you want a good 550W - 550W power supply for
your signature then anything listed in our sticky will do fine. It's just wasting money to buy a 1000W unit for what you have.

Great answer thank you very Much

But i think a 650 to 750 will do good Do you recomend any one from the list ?? and yes it is for my signature maybe in a year or so update MOBO for sli maybe

Great answer thank you very Much

But i think a 650 to 750 will do good Do you recomend any one from the list ?? and yes it is for my signature maybe in a year or so update MOBO for sli maybe

Anything on that list in the 650W - 750W size is fine. Keep in mind that there are two lists there:

• Modular (top list)
  • Non-modular (lower list
The choice is yours and 750W should easily handle your upgrade next year.

Back