• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok thank you Rolling Thunder

witch one should i choose Modular ?? i dont know the difference :D:D forgive me

Modular generally have cables that can be removed if you don't need them and non-modular have all their cables hard-wired inside the case. Click on a few of each and you can see the reviews.

My rule is generally if you're not going to SLI then a modular is better. You can eliminate most of the cables you don't need.

If you are going to SLI then you will probably use most of your cables anyhow.

A GS 600 2013 edition from Corsair is a good psu right?
Since basicly a Corsair is a 'Top Notch' brand?

Wait they have the 750 for only $20 more i can do this ,, this will work for me great tip
Brigapes thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040

No problem, i didnt even realise i was helping XD
I honestly dont recommend buying a more Watts PSU if going off budget, from experience, if youre buying a new PC, for which you will need a gretaer PSU, you'll be getting a new PSu anyway, so you can keep a PSU on the old one, plus if you dont need a lets say a 750W dont go buying it except if the price diffrence is small (20 bucks isnt small for me ;) )

GPU's takes the most Watts, so if getting a top notch GPU, means top notch PSU ;) (especially if in Crossfire or SLI)

Hope it helps in any way.

EDIT: I post this because i saw you have a GT 630, which is quite weak to be honest here, i had once a GT 620. So if youre not plannning to get like a SLI with 670 or something like mit, i dont recommending going off price for those 150W. I'm running on cheap LC Power PSU which is like 300W or so, with a overcloked GTX 650 Ti(one fan).

@Brigapes
much appreciated for the info , you are not the first who tells me this :D

But i am so worried about this PSU since mine is 8 years old and i have 6 HDD , 7 fans running and i have overclocked my pc this is all new addons did not have them before so im thinking go for the extra better then ending up aith a PSU that needs a few more watt and many problems

If you take a Look at my sig will a 600 do ??

an other member told me any thing between 500 and 600 will do for me but as you know still being skeptical

many thanks

Truthfully, a 400W PSU would be plenty for that setup in your signature, even with overclocking. The GPU is very low wattage. Your HDD and fans are not much really, no more than the GPU (65W at most). CPU is 95W stock at worst. That is only 220W or so if the system is running 100%...

:D thank you EarthDog :D

Why do i Miss these things ??? :D:D:D

it seems to me i need to slow down while reading

this old habit of mine reading on the Fly Like some one is Chasing me is cousing me a lot of trouble

Firas

You should take as much time picking a PSU than you do picking a motherboard. :D

Yeah I'm going to be due now sometime next year for a new system.. So far my silverstone PSU is doing fantastic on this system though, very quiet.

I highly suggest Corsair GS 700, it's looks are good, its corsair, and ITS QUIET! You dont even hear a fan spinning, BECAUSE ITS NOT SPINNING! If youre not fully using the PSU to the 700 W, the fan its not spinning, because it doesnt need to. Look at my specs in signature and youll see.

The fan will spin up as needed. It is temperature controlled. I am not surprised yours doesn't budge considering you do not have a GPU (listed in your sig at least) and you are only pulling less than 150W at worst.

That said, in order to get on the list here, a professional review is required.

Back