• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me pick a case please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

I have done a LOT of looking lately for a case. I love the Kingwin or LianLi boxy style, thats exactly what I want, but they both are missing something that is really important to me.

Basically, I just need a nice midtower, aluminum, simple case, like the two I mentioned above.. It needs to have 3 or 4 5.25 external drive bays, 3-7 internal/external 3.5 bays, basically a regular mid-tower.. but the cooling is where I need extra stuff..

basically, I'd like a case that has at least 2x80mm fan slots in the front (seen those, the above two actually have that) or 1x90 or 1x120mm fans.. I don't care about side fans (although its a bonus) and every case comes with rear fan, so no problem there..

but what I really need is a fan hole on the top!! I found out from experience that this is by far the most effective fan. I don't know why every case does not include a fan hole on top of the case (just behind the PSU). My case at this moment has 5 fans, all the same size, same speed, same make. I can control each one individually. When I have them all on full and reduce the rear exhaust, the temp increases by 1C. When I have them all on full and reduce the top fan the temp increases by 4C!!! I have tried all combinations and the top fan is by far the most influential to the case temperature, and I have also taken temp readings externally, not just from the mobo itself (the sensor is not to blame in other words)..

So anyone know of a case like this Kingwin for example:
http://www.kingwin.com/pdut_detail.asp?LineID=&CateID=1&ID=154

but with top fan holes? in fact this particular case is exactly what I want except I'd like a top fan and also perhaps a 1x120mm in the front instead of 2x80mm, and not to mention the tiny 80mm fan in the rear is a bit of a joke.

Crap I always end up writing these long messages that nobody will bother to read, oh well, I hope someone has a suggestion!

Back