• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel to Cut Prices on Existing CPUs and Introduce New Parts in Q3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aren't the E7300 / Q9650 / Q9550 already out? or are there some Xs in there that im missing.

Theres an E7200 and a QX9650 out, but the cpu's with an X are extreme, have unlocked multipliers, and cost way more. You were right about the Q9550 already being out, but it's getting a really big price drop.

The article didn't give any cache levels or multi's on the new cpus :(

My CPU is getting discontinued...:( I will no longer get to push my own hardware bias on people asking for recommendations on their next purchase. Damnit.

Wow, the E7300 looks promising. 400 MHz FSB and you're at 4 GHz. What is the multi on the E8600??

Wow, the E7300 looks promising. 400 MHz FSB and you're at 4 GHz. What is the multi on the E8600??

well the E8500 has a 9.5x multi the E8400 has 9x, that would make the E8600 with a 10x. so a 3.33ghz 45nm dual core....

Is the Q9550 a 8.5 multi? Still can't get a 4ghz quad under $500. :(

Yup, people are having trouble getting the Q9550 over 3.6-3.7GHz.

I actually started a thread a little while ago for when we can expect a high multi yorkfield at a reasonable price, looks like we wait longer.

The article was very blurry on what the Q9450's replacement was going to be @ 266$ - "The 9450 will be replaced with the Core 2 Quad running at 2.66GHz at $266" - Whatever that is might be the new sweet spot.

Last edited:
Well this kinda sucks. I havent even had a chance to fire up my Q9450 and intel is going to discontinue it :(.

Been waiting for my 780i mobo from newegg for 6 weeks. Newegg wouldnt let me file a non-delivery claim until then. My first "horrible" experience with newegg :mad:

Last edited:
Have you tried a Q6600 L737 batch?

I haven't even touched a 65nm quad.

I'm absolutely in love with the 45nm process and would kill for a 45nm 4ghz+ quad.

Can't afford a QX though (no way in hell I'm selling my bike) so I'll stick with a nice and cool 4ghz daily on my E8400 for now.

Back