• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My brother thinks im weird!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXtraktor

I built another Pc not long ago so my brother and my father could play and get music for themselves. But one thing they didnt know was that i installed F@H. Everytime my brother finishes to play or my father isnt downloading some 1950's song i run over at the pc and start F@H. Yesterday my brother goes "man your obsessed with this arent you, god your weird." Of course i laughed and he didnt quite understood why, lol. As of now i have a score of 35.89 and 17 finished WU's. :)

Hi, my name is SnowBird and i have a problem, i like to fold and fold and fold and fold...

you should have FAH run all the time since it's only using spare cycle downloading and gaming won't be affected

yup install it hiden away so you don't have to restart it. It will not affect any normal computer usages.

Snowbird - If they think you're weird for running F@H on one PC, I wonder what they'd think of people like me who Fold on 15 PCs? :)

Last edited:
My sister thinks I'm weird too, and I only run one PC. But she did say it's better than searching for ET. :D

chuckerants said:
Snowbird - If they think you're weird for running F@H on one PC, I wonder what they'd think of people like me who Fold on 15 PCs? :)
yea but not all of those are yours. I wonder who has the most pc's in there house that actually belong to them?

ThePunkGeek said:
whats wrong with being wierd or different? if everyone was the same wouldn't life be boring?

AMEN! :clap:

I have two boxen folding at the moment. My wife and kids think I'm absolutely nuts for folding. Several of my friends think so, too. What's the big deal?

... but then ... most people were unsure of my sanity BEFORE I started folding! :p :D

Oh yeah ... I just built a new (AMD) box for a daughter - it'll be folding just as soon as it gets a new HDD and a modem. And I've got three more boxen (1 AMD, 2 Intel) in various stages of completion that will all be dedicated folders.

Maybe the rest of the world is weird, and we're normal! :D

I know a guy that has 9 PCs in his house. I tried to convince him to Fold, but for some reason, he doesn't want to. Oh well.

SnowBird said:
I built another Pc not long ago so my brother and my father could play and get music for themselves. But one thing they didnt know was that i installed F@H. Everytime my brother finishes to play or my father isnt downloading some 1950's song i run over at the pc and start F@H. Yesterday my brother goes "man your obsessed with this arent you, god your weird." Of course i laughed and he didnt quite understood why, lol. As of now i have a score of 35.89 and 17 finished WU's. :)

Hi, my name is SnowBird and i have a problem, i like to fold and fold and fold and fold...

My whole family thinks I'm nuts. They don't understand why my comp has to run 24/7 :D

res0r9lm said:

yea but not all of those are yours. I wonder who has the most pc's in there house that actually belong to them?
I have 8 up and running. I don't run my K6-2/450 any more, but I could. It's just so slow, though.

res0r9lm said:
you should have FAH run all the time since it's only using spare cycle downloading and gaming won't be affected

I would be he keeps turning it off. I cant find a way to hide it so it doesnt show in the tray.

Everyone here thinks I'm nut but my wife thinks I'm cool ;) that is all that matter right guys and gal?

yea, my family were keep asking me why my pc have to run 24/7...then i told them i'm helping in the fight against Cancer...now they won't say a word about my boxes:D

My girlfriend finds it odd that I always ask her "Is your computer folding at home?!"

I don't sweat it at all; a good folding/seti addiction never hurt anyone :)

SnowBird said:

I would be he keeps turning it off. I cant find a way to hide it so it doesnt show in the tray.

There's a couple of easy ways. The one I use at work (with permission) is to use the program scheduler. I use "start when idle for 5 minutes (so it doesn't try to start when everything else is) and make sure to check the advanced properties that it doesn't try and turn it off after 42 or 72 hours or whatever.
This works with the main windows GUI version best.

There's at least two other ways. One is to use Electron Microscope and the other is to use Hide It.

It still shows up if they ctrl-alt-del but if they do that it the first 5 minutes of turning the machine on then they won't see it. Cool huh?

Back