• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OverClocking conflict with DSL!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oops

:mad:

I was thinking why my DSL doesn't work at all even my ISP check all the line from them to my house and the line in my house.:eh?: I could connect to the ISP, but i cannot view a single web page or anything else. No data was transfered to my system.

:argue:

After I turn my CPU frequency from 2.547GHZ back to 1.8A, DSL works perfectly.

Anyone else had this kind of problem??

Is there any way to Overclock without effect the DSL??

It's an onboard Lan.

My mobo is Abit BD7II-Raid, so there is a network card made into the board.

his PCI bus is ONLY running @ 35MHz
so that does seem a little odd that your DSL is crapping out on you...
have you tried running at 133FSB (2.4Ghz) that puts your PCI bus back in spec...
But i dont really see why you would hvae a problem at 141 FSB, he NIC should be able to handle that speed, very odd.

not sure.

But if i use another PCI ethernet card, and use fixed PCI frequence, do you think that will slove the problem?

Yea, a new NIC could just do it, you sould really try 133MHz FSB and check if the internet works, if it does, it is most likely the onboard NIC crapping out, you will need to disable it and put an external PCI one. I've got a Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, and I've booted w/ FSB of 167MHz and I didn't loose it, I don't have 1/5 dividers so my PCIs were running at 41.75MHz, reall quality NIC, no problems what so ever, win2k/me/XP even autodetect it, and install it for you!

i have the same chip on my nic, the card is an Encore with the realtek 8139a and never got a problem with higher pci bus. however sandra always reports the pci latency timer (32) too high to this nic, and that it can hog the bus because of it. also, no problem so far.
i recommend you to try with the pci bus at 33MHz too because its just too strange the onboard LAN cant work with it at 35MHz! and also with the pci latency timer in your bios, just to make sure.
here are two explanations on the setting:

http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/13.shtml
http://www.rojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_02h.htm

It's fixed. I just installed another ethernet card on one of the PCI slot. Now DSL works well while the processor is at 2.565GHZ. The FSB is 142.5MHZ, with 3 : 4 ratio, the RAM is at 190MHZ.:)

same here

The majority of motherboards that ship with on-board 100mpbs LAN use the Realtek 8100 chip (8139a equivalent). This setup seems extremely sensitive to overclocking the motherboard. I'm only running 38MHz on the PCI and my on board nic will stall for a second every 15 seconds or so, halting the connection. I popped my 310 netgear nic in and all is well.

The C media 6 channel hardware sound on my Asus mb also poops at 150FSB. It seems to work fine, but occaisionally you will reboot the machine and the sound disappears. The device is gone from device mangler, only to return after another reboot or two. Sound Bastid to the rescue :)

oops said:
It's fixed. I just installed another ethernet card on one of the PCI slot. Now DSL works well while the processor is at 2.565GHZ. The FSB is 142.5MHZ, with 3 : 4 ratio, the RAM is at 190MHZ.:)
arnt we resourcefull. good job. it only costed a few bucks and u didnt have to waste ur time RMAing. Not to meantion the days it would take to remove all that stuff...:D

NO1 said:

arnt we resourcefull. good job. it only costed a few bucks and u didnt have to waste ur time RMAing. Not to meantion the days it would take to remove all that stuff...:D

Actually this ethernet card was from another system. I got it last summer. Used for DSL also. So actually costed me nothing this time.:)

oops said:

Actually this ethernet card was from another system. I got it last summer. Used for DSL also. So actually costed me nothing this time.:)
even better. Thats y i dont throw away old parts. u never know if u may need it. well depends on what it is...

@ oops

i've sometimes the same problem with isdn. inmy case it's not a overclocking problem, because i've the problem when the system is not overclocked, too.

Back