• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my temps are dropping for no reason!?!?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

well.......like the subject says, my temps are dropping. I have just installed a dragon orb 3 and have been stress testing the cpu for several days now. The load temps have been staying around 119*-122* for several days. That is until today. It has all of a suden droped down to a max of 116* full load ( I use a program called toast and I fold for TEAM 32 BABY!24/7) I have even rebooted the sys to see if mbm5 may be messing up. Same thing. So I deleted it and started from scratch. Still 116* under full load. Another thing is my PCMark2002 bench mark scores are now like 60 points better on the CPU score and 40 better on the ram! All of the bench mark programs are giving me higher scores!? What is going on and why and how can I make it do this again?

Temps

As far as the temps going down, many people have reported as well as the manufacturer of AS-III, that after 48-72 hours of burnin they have seen temps fall. It is attributed to the thermal paste settling in and allowing the H/S to reach maximum performance. The better scores might just be a factor of better temperatures. But those test scores are subject to so many variable that it is hard to put your finger on one answer.

SkyHook

SHOOT! I type way too slow!

No doubt, do the low temp dance and throw another WU on the fire!

After applying AS3 for 4 days or so my idle temp dropped 8 degrees to 35 with ambient of always 30+. Load dropped by 4 degrees. not bad. Cooled wif TT volcano 7+

I know I love the lower temps. I have been able to sqeeze a few more fsb out of my machine and still keep it stable. But I have reached the limit at which my mem starts to be the problem not my temps. So it is back to upping the multiplier.:D I love this stuff!

Back