• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 8500 major problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aspect404

Registered
Hey guys,
I just got my lil bro a new computer, I made him an abit kr7a with an xp 1600+ and got a radeon 8500. Now, here's the wierdest part, I know that setup works, made one for a friend just like it, but on my lil bro's I put windows xp professional build 2600, and the card absolutely doesn't want to work. When I install the drivers windows wont boot up, and when I go into settings, this is the strangest part, under the desktop settings, instead of saying "Standard AGP Card" It says "(Default Monitor) on " there's nothing there and that trips me out. I got the newest drivers from ati.com and still it locks up, I do a system restore and try it agian and still it locks up. Something in bios? I know the card is at least functional because Sandra 2002 will detect it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thx

i have the same problem too with my kr7a and my radeon, i have been getting blue screens to make it worse that are from the ati drivers

hopefully drivers will fix my problem as well

Back