• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something interesting on Hypertransporting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

Incase you don't know, Hypertransport technology is AMD's replacement for the PCI bus that will be in effect when the hammer comes out. I was watching The Screen Savers and they had a person with his PHD that hacked an XBOX. Now, by watching that, he pointed out that the XBOX actually has hypertransport technology in place(shock to me). Now, that's not the interesting point. The interesting point is that he built a logic analyzer and wired it inbetween the bus to find the XBOX's code so he could hack it. This logic analyzer, of course, ran at the same speed as the hypertransport bus. Now comes the really interesting part. He built a card himself to communicate with the hypertransport link(so he could see what it's seeing of course), running at 200DDR(so 400mhz) and it could barely keep up with the bus. He said he really had to "massage" the card in order for it to keep up. I think you get what I'm trying to say, but if not, then I'll point it out. That means that the hypertransport bus will run <b>faster</b> than a KT400 chipset. Now that's something to look forward to. Also, who knows, by the time AMD introduces it for the hammer, maybe it will be even faster:D We can only hope.

It could also be that by the time the Hammer is introduced there will be a KT 433 or someting like it that can keep up with it....We shall see...and hope that the hammer gets out soon...

Back