• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 Ti 4200 64MB (Chaintech) or 128MB (MSI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Exactly like the question states, I have two options which I can get. the Chaintech is $47 cheaper than the MSI (Chaintech has no VIVO), what do you think guys?

the msi sure performs better. it has just been discussed a few days ago. I know of one guy in this forum who has that kiackass msi that can overclock well. hope he reads this thread soon

I'm not tottaly sure what memory the Chaintech 64MB uses, although I do know that the 64mb msi uses 3.6 ns and the 128mb (which is the only one available to me) has only 4 ns. I still think I'm gonna go for MSI and O/C that beast. gotta get me some good scores :D. If you have any info about these two cards or own one of them urself, PLZ POST :beer:

I have no experience with the other, but I do have an MSI, and it kicks but. I can get this baby screaming like crazy! It is worth the extra money.

Based on numeorus reviews and comparing the 2 cards you mentioned, I'd suggest the MSI.

Good Luck!!!

I would suggest the MSI G4ti 4200 128mb... they oc pretty well... so far I can get mine to 300/540 with no ramsinks and no signs of artifacts...

Back