• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unsuccesful 1700xp closing of L1 bridges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asheron

Registered
after reading and there is to know about unlocking an xp i finally tried it today

i bought a magnifying glass-$8 from radio shack (didnt help much)
I bought rear window defog repair kit- $8 canadian tire
i had some super adhesive glue already

i took my time and i did exactly as instructed and i was really impressed with myself

I boot up my system which is a 1700xp, abit kr7a non raid with 9n bios, 1 stick of 256 ddr crucial and it booted up fine into a cleared cmos which registered it at 1500xp at first so i went in to change it

i tried 10.5 x 140 and it didnt post, no sound, no screen

i had to clear the cmos to get back into my bios

i tried 10 x 145 and it didnt post, no sound, no screen

but when i tried 11 x 133 it works fine which is factory settings and i noticed that i dropped 3 degrees in cpu temps which is great but i cant change my multiplier still

what i noticed when i updated my bios my computer didnt post just like earlier to see what would happen if i used a different multiplier before an unlock

so im hoping my bios is messing it up before i redo the closing again

with my old kr7a bios of 6n i could change my multiplyer to anything and it would still go into windows as 1700xp, but now it doesnt do anything with the new bios

however i am getting great temps and before i could only do 11x152 stable and now i can do 11x156 which gets me over the 1700 mark

and i notice i cant use 2 sticks of ram anymore, i get 1 long error beep, so im using 1 stick until i can figure this ram issue out

any suggestions? and my cpu is AGKGA if that matters

Well i have heard mixed reviews about the AGKGA. Some people have said that its a reallly bad stepping and some people have said that its pretty good, so hopefully you didn't get screwed and get a really bad one...

Back