• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amdxp2000+ cpu temp help =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zigma

my friend has a amdxp (note topic) and a thermaltake volcano 7 heatsink and his temp is temp is 67-70C is that ok?

we monitor the temp in the bios.. some dude runs seti@home at that temp. i dunno what else i can say, with the dragonorb it was at 68all the time....=(

How are you acquiring these cpu temps? Are you getting them from the sensor on the mobo or other? That really impacts how true the readings are that you're getting. We need to know a little more about what you're dealing with basically. What mobo, how the temps are being read, etc... Some mobo's don't read the temps very accurately. But those temps are really high.:eek:

Edit: Btw, is he by chance using a thermal pad or silver thermal grease? If he's using the pad or not using anything then that would explain it. I would recommend that he laps the heat sink to a almost mirror finish, and reapplying with some arctic silver 3.

Tweaked! said:
How are you acquiring these cpu temps? Are you getting them from the sensor on the mobo or other?

he said in bios

but tweaked is right, every motherboard gives different temps, but regardless of the motherboard, that sounds really high.

what kind of thermal paste are you using, is it possible you might have chipped the core a small amount when you mounted the heatsink?

those temps are way to high i never let my cpus go over 45c, try to reapply the thermal paste and make sure you have the heatsink on correctly, and if that fails then you might wanna looking another heatsink. BTW welcome to the forums

no luck, we tried all of the suggestion you guys said. we just popped the orb back in =( 60C ShaZboT. we used thermal greese (cheep stuff i belive) i dunno... but if its running ok then let it be.

I was having a problem with my Volcano 7+ with a p4. The onboard temp on the p4 was reading 71 on full load with asIII. I couln't work out wat was wrong. I then put the stock heatsink on and my temps dropped to 40C at full load and 35 at idle. I dunno why such a good heatsink is giving me such high temps, but anyway.

Zigma said:
no luck, we tried all of the suggestion you guys said. we just popped the orb back in =( 60C ShaZboT. we used thermal greese (cheep stuff i belive) i dunno... but if its running ok then let it be.

are you saying you used thermal grease both times, or just when you put the orb back on?

you never said what model mobo you were using either:(

Back