• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about the BD7_9Z bios for Mr. Natural

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaidalG

Greetings. I am new to the board, and have been reading through old threads and gaining A LOT of knowlege about how to tweak my BD-7 Raid out. Thanks to all of you, but especially to Mr. Natural. I found some very useful tips on optimizing my Raid setup thanks to you. I will be trying them out tonight.
I have a few questions, though. The most recent bios on your website is 9Z. I just downloaded abit's official 9Y and installed from abit last night. Is 9Z more recent than that? (I'm assuming yes with the "Z" designation) Also, does it include Raid bios? Which version? Which drivers (in XP) does it need? Also, could you give me a general idea (I know you make many tweaks and don't expect you to have to list them all out) what the 9Z bios fixes/enhances?

On a different note, I am one of many that suffers from faulty mobo temperature readings, and I have seen several people claim that abit is "working on a bios change to fix this". Is this something you can do? I am aware of how to "roughly" calculate the correction needed, but would love to have a way to enter that correction into the bios to prevent CPU throttling when it is not needed. ( I read approx 15C higher than I should)

Thanks again for your all your work:D

Back