• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mp mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

I just ordered an MSI K7D Master 760MPX. Hopefully with multithreading this will increase my production. What cpus do you think I should put in? I would like something pretty fast in there. I was thinking of getting 2 XP 1600+ and overclocking them, at the same time I don't want to spend too much on the cpus. Thanks for the input.

nice, that'll definetely help out :D

btw, folding is not multithreaded. To take advantage of both of your cpu's, you'll need to run two instances of folding.

for the cpus, I'd get what you can afford.

fold on!

hooziewhatsit said:
nice, that'll definetely help out :D

btw, folding is not multithreaded. To take advantage of both of your cpu's, you'll need to run two instances of folding.

for the cpus, I'd get what you can afford.

fold on!

Yeah thats what I meant, using both seperately for folding( 2 instances as you said). Thanks for clearing that up. :D I'm pretty excited, it will be cool to have a dual system and at the same time help a good cause. I found it on newegg for $125 refurbished.

Back