• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multiplier switch wierdness (GA-7DXR)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

both my hard and digital copies of the manual for this board tell me that i have 5 easy to use switches to set my cpu multiplier, so why do i have 6?
i'm trying for a better overclock and i'm pretty sure that if i could set my multiplier one higher i could get my 1.4 t-bird to 1.6 but i cant figure out the switches.

for 6.5x the manual says X X X O X
when it is acually X X X X O X.
for 7x the manual: O O O X X
actual : O O O O X X

from finding this i figured it wouldnt be hard to go any higher, i'd just set switches 2-6 to the book pattern and try O/X with #1. this didnt work, my computer wouldnt even post. (this is with no change to the fsb, only the mult). i then figured that maybe the pattern was shifted backwards and it was the last one i should change. with this setting and the last one at O or X all i got was 1000MHz.

could someone please help me out, i've had this comp for a year and have always wanted to hit 1.6 but only lately have i got the cooling to do it. i'm almost there.

thanks

ps i've posted on the gigabyte newsgroups and have recieved no help at all.

Try leaving the 6th switch alone. I have the same board and I just pretty much ignore it. I think I just leave mine set in the off position.

Mine's running at 10.5X right now as

1 2 3 4 5 6
O X X X X X

Hope that helps.

Back