• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems connecting my Antec SL400! HELP PLEASE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

compuchick

Registered
I am trying to install my psu into my new computer.

Antec SL400 400Watt 12V ATX psu
ASUS P4T533-C motherboard

In the psu instructions it says "Connect the 3-pin fan signal connector to one of the fan connectors on the motherboard."

Interestingly enough, there is no 3-pin connector coming out of the psu. Wtf??? Does anyone know what I should do?

I plugged in the 20-pin Main power connector and the +12V AUX power connector to the motherboard, all fine and dandy.

The motherboard instructions say to plug the 4-pin 12V EZ_PLUG into the motherboard. A regular peripheral power connector would plug in there, but it doesn't match!!
Antec plug: Asus motherboard connector:
*+12VDC *NC
*COM *GND
*COM *GND
*+5VDC *+12V

What can I do???

please help!

Is this a Intel or AMD board?
You need to specify want your system is, Mobo, CPU, RAM, video and etc.
It is hard to help when one does not know what we are dealing with. Notice how most have their system specs in the signiture!!

Yes, I got that part in just fine. The EZplug is a 4pin in linear configuration, identical to the peripheral power connectors.

But the main problem is the 3pin connector to monitor the fan speeds. WHERE IS the 3-pin connector that the Antec psu instruction booklet claims to have?!?!

So your powersupply is "missing" the 3 pin power lead comming from the ps??? Thats weird...............

Yes! Isn't that just too weird? What do I do? There are like 6 or 7 4-pin peripheral connectors, 2 floppy connectors, the 20-pin power connector, and the square 4-pin connector that Da Whip showed us. But there is not a 3 pin connector in sight.

That's Really wierd....Nothing in the manual at all about that?? I have no knowledge of P4 Mobo's but I assume that a 3 pin PS plug would be pretty darn important. Well I would just call their Tech support if ya can't find it on the board or manual. Could check that boards manufacture under the Intel Mobos. Sorry to be no help but...Ehhh

Actually the 3-pin plug isn't vital at all. It's only there so you can monitor the rpm of the fan via your BIOS. It's not needed to use the PSU. However if it's important to you return it or RMA it.

I'll see if Customer Service has had a run of this.

AntecRep

Thanks AntecRep, I haven't gotten a reply from their customer or tech service yet.

To clarify, there is no 3-pin connector cord coming from the Antec SL400 PSU. Now, does that only mean that I CAN'T MONITOR the powersource fanspeed through bios, but that the psu-fan IS STILL "smart" (variable speed depending on the temp of the psu)?

On a separate issue:
I want also for the intake, rear, and blow-hole chassis fans to increase rpm when the compu is hotter and decrease when cooler. The motherboard has this option, which takes a 3-pin connector to the mobo. Am I right?

thanks ^^

Yes the power supply is still 'Smart', but you won't be able to monitor it.

That sounds right, although you'd have to make sure there are enough fan headers on the mobo (usually between 2-4, 1 at least for the CPU fan, sometimes another taken up by a chipset fan, although to my knowledge that's not too common).

AntecRep

Thank you!

Also, what is the 6-pin (seems to be female) AUX power connector cord from the psu? Where does it go, or is it used?

I FINALLY got ahold of the antec customer service, and they explained it to me. The 6-pin is only if the mobo needs it, and the EZPlug is not the same as a 4pin peripheral connector, so I won't plug that one in. There apparantly is no 3-pin with the SL400, according to the antec ppl.

Thanks for your help!

Back