• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy Cow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if I read that correctly it said 18k 3dmarks....personally I don't think that is totally correct....because for the 9700 to get anywhere near that kinda score you will AGP 8x and that isn't out yet...the gf4 are pretty much at the limit of AGP 4x...

and until I see pics of the actuall card, I really doubt that score...where is the screenie of it:rolleyes:

Sorry but I just think the 9700 is getting a lil TOO much hype...

Spec

If Im correct, Rage3D is full of ATI lovers. Whenever you have any sort of situation like that, similar to AMDroids, nvidi0ts etc, its hard to get any sort of concrete, fair data. I shall see results when I have the silicon and pcb in my own hands ;)

After doin a little surfing through madonions database , I found that the 9700 doesnt do to much better then the ti 4600 , the two highest scores there are both 17k + , one is a ti4600 the other is the 9700 , but only like 180 or so points seperate the 2 , and when we are talking about 17K + scores , 180 points is nothing.I alsonoticed that alot of the 9700's were well below that .

And on the agp 8 x , look here , its not so great right now

wildone

Just wait for PCI Express. 32GB/s bandwidth, and the ability for one bus to "talk" to the other, i.e. sound card and video card, and it may spell the end for AGP, as serial AGP(due out next fall) will only achieve 12GB/s.:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not surprized that it scored that high at all in 3Dmark. The program wasn't written to benchmark that card. It's like taking a GF4 ti4600 and using 3Dmark 2000 to benchmark it. It ends up being useless data because there is no real point of reference. The only benchmarks you can compare is the other 9700 benchmarks.

yeah i wanna see pics it is probably voodoo 5 times 10 ooh well who cars if you have to go buy a 3 foot case atleast you have the fastest card

wildone said:
After doin a little surfing through madonions database , I found that the 9700 doesnt do to much better then the ti 4600 , the two highest scores there are both 17k + , one is a ti4600 the other is the 9700 , but only like 180 or so points seperate the 2 , and when we are talking about 17K + scores , 180 points is nothing.I alsonoticed that alot of the 9700's were well below that .

And on the agp 8 x , look here , its not so great right now

wildone

Maybe you should do a litttle more surfing on what LOD is, and how it can affect the score;)

Although the 2 cards are not that far apart in 3d2k1se, the real difference is in the aa and af arena.

I mean, who can complain the Ti4600 doesn't offer good enough frameratres in any game? Fact is, it offers excellent stock performance. But what happens to it once resolution, 4xFSAA, and AF are all enabled? Choppy gameplay on texture heavy games. The R9700's aim is right there.

All the games you like to play, w/ 4xFSAA, max A.F. highest reloution you want, and framerates to spare. Almost brings a tear to my eye:beer:

gotta say that ati baby whoops, but ill be a loyal nvidiot with a radeon 8500LE until i upgrade to NV30 (thats really gonna get 25k lol)... ohh well :( :rolleyes:

on the P4 2.53 the r9700 scores over 15000 at stock. the card will be out monday so dont waste your time arguing about how it will do, just wait till monday morning and you will see nvidia put to shame.... its only 36 hours till we see the reviews.

Back