• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7 ???'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LocutusofBorg

Disabled
Ive checked a few utilities sandra wcpuid ect.
and they all say my chipset is kt266
its supposed to be kt333
are thes utilities correct
or do they not id correctly
Scott

yup, mine too. dunno what the problem is, but i assume it's the software doesn't recognise kt333 as it's own chip.....

anyone got any suggestions? ..........besides.."just deal with it".....he he he

madsam said:
yup, mine too. dunno what the problem is, but i assume it's the software doesn't recognise kt333 as it's own chip.....

anyone got any suggestions? ..........besides.."just deal with it".....he he he

hows that RAM
im using corsair xms
and when i put up aggresive settings
i get blue screens
what are your settings?

LocutusofBorg said:

hows that RAM
im using corsair xms
and when i put up aggresive settings
i get blue screens
what are your settings?

my ram is set for cas 2...it's cas 2.5 ram. i got everything else set for 2, and the voltage is at 2.85. all aggresive settings..(i think)...and it's stable, and gave quite a boost on my 3Dmark scores. i was at 10,500ish, and now i'm at 12,000-12,524.......;)

finally.............

newer si sandra reconizes it. i had same question with my at7. crazy huh. ignore it. now to ram settings....i couldnt get aggressive with my ram either (768mb of pc2700 samsungies), until i put volts to highest setting (2.85v) didnt know if it was safe or not so left aggressivness alone. i do have cas 2, 4 bank, and 2t access though. but what is even better is a fsb of 175. sweet..........hey, would like to see what the highest fsb you could get with your aggressive settings... would you check please.....having trouble with dram timings and there are so many tweaks in this bios that it aint funny. here's my setup:

at7
xp 1900+ @ 1666mhz (175fsb~9.5x mult.) 1.775v (so far stable, just made this change, will let know how it is working) 47' idle at
51' load with 80' room temp.
768mb of pc2700 samsungies with tt ramsinks (cas 2, 3t-6t-3t, enhance enabled, md and dimms 1 & 2 at high, 2t access and 2t command, 0 for last setting.
geforce 3 ti200 @ 220/460 (stock) well, did add artic silver 3
2x maxtor 60g's @ raid 0
2600'ish on sisandra mem benchmark
8300'ish on 3dmarks 2001se

oh, by the way, i did notice that when i was able to use 1t command that it brought my ram efficiency up alot and sure would like to use it but them darn blue screens and not starting at all is keeping me from using it. so feedback............please.......

nice....

woow...how does these high fsb affect pci and agp stuff. i mean what is the limit to agp and pci before total melt down on stuff. i have two setups and on other, as a matter of fact, a cd-rom (old piece of poop 8x) just got munched today over a increase to 140fsb. (4/2/1 divider). dont want it to happen to anything else.

Re: nice....

ratts said:
woow...how does these high fsb affect pci and agp stuff. i mean what is the limit to agp and pci before total melt down on stuff. i have two setups and on other, as a matter of fact, a cd-rom (old piece of poop 8x) just got munched today over a increase to 140fsb. (4/2/1 divider). dont want it to happen to anything else.

are you sure the fsb is the cause of the "poop" taking a poop on ya? :D

also, i got an expensive video card....don't say melt=down, or my brain hurts just thinking about it...he he he

honestly, some folks set the 5th divider and run up to 200 fsb, or so. i check to be sure my components are not getting hot, and i pray the fsb isn't cooking components another way.

i can't say for sure if it is harmful, but i certainly hope not.....:burn: :burn: :burn:

he,he,he

no, i dont know if it was the increase or not but i did make it and then the kids gave the computer a few hours of ti-bo and poof. what is strange is that it was never used. just sitting in there to take up space...he,he. got a 52x , hopefully not going to be fried, cd-rom that is doing all the work. anyhow, when bios was posting, a (secoundary slave failure) error message appeared. so i unhooked and cried....wah......

Re: finally.............

ratts said:
newer si sandra reconizes it. i had same question with my at7. crazy huh. ignore it. now to ram settings....i couldnt get aggressive with my ram either (768mb of pc2700 samsungies), until i put volts to highest setting (2.85v) didnt know if it was safe or not so left aggressivness alone. i do have cas 2, 4 bank, and 2t access though. but what is even better is a fsb of 175. sweet..........hey, would like to see what the highest fsb you could get with your aggressive settings... would you check please.....having trouble with dram timings and there are so many tweaks in this bios that it aint funny. here's my setup:

at7
xp 1900+ @ 1666mhz (175fsb~9.5x mult.) 1.775v (so far stable, just made this change, will let know how it is working) 47' idle at
51' load with 80' room temp.
768mb of pc2700 samsungies with tt ramsinks (cas 2, 3t-6t-3t, enhance enabled, md and dimms 1 & 2 at high, 2t access and 2t command, 0 for last setting.
geforce 3 ti200 @ 220/460 (stock) well, did add artic silver 3
2x maxtor 60g's @ raid 0
2600'ish on sisandra mem benchmark
8300'ish on 3dmarks 2001se

oh, by the way, i did notice that when i was able to use 1t command that it brought my ram efficiency up alot and sure would like to use it but them darn blue screens and not starting at all is keeping me from using it. so feedback............please.......

i got my cpu at default
i set up 2-2-5-2 1t 4way and all other aggresive settings
with ram v at 2.85 it boots no prob but ill get an ie error or a blue screen once in a while
i put it back to "by spd"
and all is good
got an rma from neweeg
today i got some Geil pc2700 512mb ultra
i read ALL great reviews
i put it in booted at default no prb
went back to bios and set up cas 2 2-5-2 1t
and it would boot then BSOD rite away
Geil says this ram is rated for those settings
all reviews i read say the same thing
did not work for me
it is now RMA'd shipped out an hour ago
so now i dont know wht RAM to go with
anybody got some help for me?

hey madsam,

got some questions....with my fsb at 175 it runs solid except for when i play allied assualt game. 5minutes after playing i get a error message and game shuts down. i look at temps and it shows 49-50 degrees. so heat isnt the issue. i havent got any error messeges from anything else and would like to keep this setting and or move up some more but not sure what the issue is.
i really dont think volts is the issue cause i pumped it up to 1.8v and game crashes still. went from detonator driver 30.82 to 23.11 and same thing. so, volts and det. drivers doesnt seem to help. could it be another driver or something? basically, i cannot get passed 1700mhz without a bunch of BSOD'S. got any hints please............................................................................................

ratts said:
hey madsam,

got some questions....with my fsb at 175 it runs solid except for when i play allied assualt game. 5minutes after playing i get a error message and game shuts down. i look at temps and it shows 49-50 degrees. so heat isnt the issue. i havent got any error messeges from anything else and would like to keep this setting and or move up some more but not sure what the issue is.
i really dont think volts is the issue cause i pumped it up to 1.8v and game crashes still. went from detonator driver 30.82 to 23.11 and same thing. so, volts and det. drivers doesnt seem to help. could it be another driver or something? basically, i cannot get passed 1700mhz without a bunch of BSOD'S. got any hints please............................................................................................

these cpu's require more voltage at higher clock speeds, and every chip is different than even an identical chip. once you hit a point where the chip seems to not want to clock any higher, it will go up small amounts with more voltage. once you hit a max again, it will probably be fine til you put some load on the cpu, then it may become unstable. also, as far as the drivers, i'm now using the 40.41's and they work great, but some say it's not so great. i would think your cpu is stable at idle, but unstable at load....thus i would recomend more voltage.

a perfect example is my xp1600. i run it at 1901 at stock voltage and sometimes a bit higher, but when i'm folding, or using something like samdra burn in, it crashes. so i keep my vcore at 1.85, and i also plan to do a vmod, to get higher vcore than that. don't be shy, crank the vcore to 1.85, and then come back and brag about your success. the problem is not a hardware problem, i'm guessing you are as afraid of voltage as i was before i cranked it up.....

good luck, and we'll see ya soon........stable too.....:beer:

Back