• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Successful BIG window project!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

Howdy Y'all,

Well I finally got the balls to cut the side of my computer and put in a window. I figured hey why not make it big. So I made the window 11 x 14 inches. Thats pretty big for a little mid-tower. Well you guys be the judge...
Window1.jpg

And heres a good look at that beautiful AX-7 and stuff
Window2.jpg

You be the judge. ALSO Only cost me $1.98 TOTAL...

Nope I used a jigsaw and some good old fashion keep it in the lines work. OMG was that ever loud...My ears are still ringing and the neighbors are still bitching. I intend on putting a blue neon strip in the top and hopefully when I get my financial situation taken care of and I am not so sick and feeling crappy I'll go ahead and get a dremel. Mostly for etching designs in the plexy and some other mods I may do... Who knows but the blue neon light would finish the looks...And some form of chrome or silver strip to hide when I couldn't stay in the lines. :D

I used just normal plexyglass .93 inch thick stuff. Super clear and very easy to drill thru. Only problem was finding a piece that didn't have scratches or cracks...Damn home depot.......Well least I found one good open.

Crystal Fan from SVC. 80mm 22-52 CFM and only 41.3 Dbls at full blast. Adjustable and totally clear with a couple blue LEDs. Not a bad fan IMO. Others are just "fans" so whatever. I may add a duct to the window for the heatsink but....I am kind of lazy no a days with this computer. Who knows?

Back