• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purple LED's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

Has anyone seen purple LED's for sale anywhere? I just got a new Yamaha CD-RW and it has a dual, purple/blue led on it. I would like to do my case power on in purple(thats the power on colour of the cd), and the HDD in blue. I just NEED those purple LED's.

I dont really know what I'm talking about here.. But, don't they make "blacklight" uv leds? I may be mistaken about that but those look purple dont they?

Two approaches that might work.

1. Get one red and one blue LED and set them up to shine through the same opening.
2. Get a tri-color LED (forget the store name, I'll find it). It's a 5mm LED with red, green, and blue elements. Turn on the red and blue ones and you have purple.

Crazy Jayhawk said:
Two approaches that might work.

1. Get one red and one blue LED and set them up to shine through the same opening.
2. Get a tri-color LED (forget the store name, I'll find it). It's a 5mm LED with red, green, and blue elements. Turn on the red and blue ones and you have purple.

I thought this was done by varying the voltage through 1 element with different emmision levels which emit the differnet colours at the different voltages???

Back