• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTFS in Win XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, it would. Windows XP is an NT based system, which was written to utilize the NTFS file system. Also, if you have very large partitions (say 10 gigs or better) you will notice the difference between NTFS and FAT. Not to mention never having to look at another scandisk after improper shutdown :) It may bench a little slower than a FAT partition, however, but it is worth the security gains IMO.

takiwa said:
yes, it would. Windows XP is an NT based system, which was written to utilize the NTFS file system. Also, if you have very large partitions (say 10 gigs or better) you will notice the difference between NTFS and FAT. Not to mention never having to look at another scandisk after improper shutdown :) It may bench a little slower than a FAT partition, however, but it is worth the security gains IMO.

Ditto, it's much more optimized and secured than FAT32.

takiwa said:
Not to mention never having to look at another scandisk after improper shutdown :)

I was wondering why I never seemed to get that anymore. Forgot that was one of the advantages of NTFS. DUH, do I feel stooopid like a total computer n00b instead of just an OC n00b:cool:

You can change the file system without a reformat right?

C:\convert c: /fs:ntfs

Is this the correct path

I keep getting an error message first it asks for the Volume Lable. When I type it in it says its incorrect. Volume lable is the name of the drive right??

Make sure you convert both drives.

PS: Please follow the rules and don't swear or attempt to go around the swear filter or you make lose your privilages here :/

Back