• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get this Video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
<----Planning on this purchase(or any other Next Gen game)? If so, a 128MB card would be advised, otherwise, go for it!

I just bought a Hecules 64mb 8500le to replace my GF2 32mb mx200 and all I can say is GET IT!

My 3d mark score went up by 5000 points!:D

i had been using googlegear, pricewatch, and resellerratings to find prices and check the retailers, but i couldnt remember wht the other pricesomething was......... is the Hurcules a brand or is it something else? Thanks for ur help

o ya, should i get an LE or a regular 8500? Also, should i get a made by ati or a card may by another company.

I would opt for the regular/retail version (128MB)... they are slightly more expensive, though they usually O/C a little better! good luck! :)

how much would one of thos eprobably cost. BTW im mad right now cuz quictime needed to restore some file types, so it closed my IE window while i was finishing typing a huge new thread :(

Get this one! the card comes clocked at 275/290 stock my Hercules Prophet 8500le 250/250 will not even o/c to that. Here's a review and they seem to like them.

Its also less expensive than mine as well as faster by the looks of it. I would save the money, they all have the same ATI chip set and driver support anyways.8500le review I wish I spotted ealier

just read it, but it doesnt oc to high cuz of high clock speeds

A full exspensive retail non-le 8500 is clocked at 275/275 they are happy to hit 300/310 like this card did.

This card in Canada is $100 cheaper than the retail 8500, it would have to overclock pretty dam high for me to spend $100 more.:)

Strange, i have the Sapphire Radeon 8500LE 64MB & mine's clocked at 250/250 & it has 4ns memory. The review has it as 275/290 with 3.8ns memory. Maybe there are different versions around? Well anyway mine overclocks to 275/275 no problem.

so wich one should i go with. I really need a new video card, but i cant decide which one.(P.S.----has to be ati and under 120 dollars) Please Help me. Thank You

P.S.---please help me with this evil internet problem http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1037997#post1037997

please inform me if this violates any forums rules, but the purpose of this thread is still to find out which video card i should get. Thank You

8500 128 if it fits your budget. If it doesn't, the 8500LE 128.

(<----Penguin4x4, account wouldn't work so I created this one, =))

Should i get a built by ati or is there a brand someone can suggest?

y wouldnt ur acount work?

You have a GF2 mx400 there only one way to go and thats up.Get the cheapest 8500 made by anyone and you will freak out on the improvement. This will show how much of a improvement.

The video card foodchain

8500 or 8500le?
How much do you want to spend for only 300 points more.:eh?:

Back