• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goofyman23

Currently I have my athlon 1.4 running at 1575 (10.5*150) with pc2100RAM. It runs perfectly and with a sh|tty fan on it and my AS3 still not fully set in, I run about 44 idle and 48-50 load.
The problem is the moment I up the mult. to 11 or up the FSB to 151 the computer wont POST. I have to unlpug it, take out the motherboard battery, put it back in and so forth. Then I have to reconfig my BIOS :mad: and so forth.
I have also tried underclocking to 9.5*155 and it has the same prob.
My question is why would it do this? Have I hit my max O/C?

btw, even with the cpu volt at 1.8 it doesnt help and my mem is 2-2-5-2-1t and with that running at 2.8v doesnt do anything as well.

PLEASE HELP!

quite possibly if you have hit your max. i mean if you're running a 1.4ghz old tbird (which is one of the hottest chips out from amd). and u said u had a bad hsf so it's no surprise.

anyway, u don't have to take out the battery everytime i think. most mobos have a jumper that will "reset" the CMOS. all u have to do is set the pin, wait for 5 seconds, put it back in its original position.

anyway, get a better fan, or an athlon xp1600, you'll get a better overclock. i suggest getting an xp1600 now since they are dirt cheap. later.

I wouldn't bail on that 1.4 just yet. I have a couple of t-birds and I love them. Easy to unlock, and if you have the right stepping, they will overclock nicely.

BTW, I have a 1.33 t-bird that will do 1575 no problem. I just give it a little extra voltage, and I have better cooling. Also, it is an AYHJA stepping, probably the best.

You may well be at your limit, depending on your ram and your cpu stepping.

Goofyman,
You should be up around 1.6 give or take some,try increasing your core to 1.85 or so. I just retired a faithfull brid that ran at 11x146=1606on pc133 mem. You should be ale to got past that with your mem..Acturaly 150 is very good,you neeed great cooling for the birds they run real hot ,I never ran much under 50c.

Just upped the vcore to 1.85 and mult up to 11*150, she booted and at idle it raised it about 2 degC.

Once I cut the hole for my duct and get that in, about a day or so, then I'll bump it up some more :).

Btw, with 2100 ram, is going over 150 going to be too much for it?

Back