• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R v1.0 and 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

I have an abit kx7-333r v1.0 and currently an athlon xp 1600+ @ 1.73Ghz. I am planning on getting some pc3500 ram as soon as my finances improve and am also thinking about getting a 2400+ in another month or 2 because the Tbred2 will start to mature a bit more by then and newer core steppings will be available. I just saw that a new bios was released for the board with 2400+ and 2600+ support. What I wanna know is do I have to RMA my board to get v1.2 inorder to run a 2400+ or will it work with this new bios release?

I dont know for sure but when I was on the site looking for a bios update it didn't specify version so I would assume it would work.

Utilize RMA and send the flawed v.1.0 back in exchange for an improved v.1.1. Abit is duty-bound to honor the free exchange because v.1.0 fails to live up to the advertisement of "support for XP 2100+ and future processors". Don't let Abit off the hook.

Back