• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jammw69

hello, what would be the best way to overclock my duron?lowing my multiplier or up fsb? or leaving multiplier the same and uping my fsb as far as i can run it stable? or uping my multiplier and leaving fsb as default? and exactly what does a 1.3 ghz duron voltage is the default voltage ? i am looking for the best way to have the best performance. i have heard of people getting these at 1600mhz. thanks.:D

i depends on your system setup

the speed is in the fsb if you ask me
so get is as high as you can STABLE and back the cpu multipler down

As the guy before said it depends on you system configuration. uping the FSB will make little difference to the CPU than changeing the multiplier but it will make a difference to the rest of hardware. What is your setup.give me details of mainboard memory and type, expansion cards etc and ill do my best to advise you.What CPU is it? i used to have my duron 950 runing at 1350witha combination of multiplier and FSB changeing as my memory didnt like it nor did my graphics card at the time. that run stable untill the core collapsed but hell thats life.anyway send me details of your system and ill see what i can do for you m8.
regards dom

Back