• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 overvolt help...need 1.90v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angryviking

I need more voltage to reach 1743

Presently running at 1666 with an 1800+ (10x166 1.825v) on A7V333 (BIOS 1013)

Can't POST at 1743 (10.5x166 1.85v) I need more voltage.

I am aware of the OVERVOLT jumper and I have enabled it, BUT it just boosts the voltage to 2.0+ (too much!)

Is there no way to fine tune it? (I need 1.90 maybe 1.92)

I have been told I need a 220Kohm variable resistor MOD...there's gotta be an easier way.

:burn:

Thanks for the input :cool:

Unfortunately, I am kinda chicken to raise FSB past 166. As it stands now, I have a 1/5 divider that gives my PCI standard 33mhz.

Too much more up or down with FSB and I lose the divider. Then I am running my precious GF4 4400 out of spec. AGP is affected too, Right?

Am I worrying about nothing?

:eh?:

Last edited:
This is rather a motherboard question and possibly the boys in the Asus Motherboard Sections would assist you with better responses. According to Doctor's volt mod thread, there seems to be no volt mod on that but there should be on the web. A volt mod usually installs those ohms and whatever. That's the easy part though, the hard part is soldering it to the right pins.

Yodums

Since the A7v333 already does overvolt by default, setting your vcore in the bios to 1.85v is actually really 1.9v or a bit higher.
At 1.85v, my mbm5 and bios hardware monitor reads 1.92v.

There really is nothing to be scared about raising your fsb past 166. I've ran my system at 206FSB for a couple of days and nothing happened. Give it a try. try raising your fsb 1mhz at a time.

Thanks for the info guys. :)

I'm going to take the plunge and raise the FSB in small jumps

I'll let you know how I make out

Okay, I tried 10x170 1.85v

Stable in windows and Sisandra - won't finish 3Dmark2k1

oh well...

:( :eh?:

do 9.5x176 truly mhz arent everything since you know you can run on 1.66ghz then 9.5x176 is 1.67ghz that might work and yea dont worry about yer 4400 i also ran a high fsb 196 for a week no problems but the 9700 pro only works with 174 or lower

remember the higher the fsb the faster the whole system will run hdd,vid card, any pci card, cpu, ram , and the transfer rate between all parts will go up also so if you do the math you can have 1800 mhz on say 150 fsb and the other guy has 1700 mhz but 170 fsb his will be faster overall.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I got a wimpy 1800. I may go grab a AGOIA or AGOGA 1600. They seem to have better OC potential.

This is my plans on a new rig so far: a7v333, 256MB cosair xms ddr333, anthlon xp 1600+(agoia buy from newegg), enermax eg365p-ve(fc), but i'm still unsure on the brand of gf4 ti4200 64MB to get. I'm thinking about the gainward. Do you guys think i'll be able to raise the fsb to a decent amount? Like do you think the gainward can hold out on the raised fsb? Because i heard depending on the brand you may have problems.

Tru2ya, go for it !

Get this !

Went and snagged a 1600 AGOIA locked
immediately went to: 10.5x166 1.80v = 1750 (thats what it shows)

and better yet, it does it all at 54c load !

It's gotta go higher... WOOT !
:D :D :D

I know mine are not. :beer:

My A7V333 has a 1/5 divider at 166fsb. All PCI are at 33

I would imagine the affected cards would just act weird...

Why you ask?

:eh?:

Viking are you able to get your fsb beyond 166, possibly up to 200mhz? Btw, thanks for the quick feedback :D

I haven't tried any higher than 166, but I have seen many other ppl on this board go over 180. I figure as long as you have some good DDR and not too fussy pci/agp cards, it should be no problem.

Back