• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPU Stickies (condensed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Absolutely nothing. And NO ONE actually buys an Engineering Samples, they are signed out to employees. After three years though, Intel could care less what happens to their Engineering Samples.

jAY said:
YOUR MOTHERBOARD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ANY OVERCLOCKED COMPUTER

Yes it does matter what kind of mothreboar you use.
if you buy a no-name bottom of the barrel board, you wont get much stability when overclocking. Nor any overclocking features like jazztrumpet216 said.

All and all, you get what you pay for. And if you plan on doing any overclocking, you really shouldnt try to skimp out and save money on the motherboard.

I dont know if I even have the right to post here, but oh well :)

I will second that !!

and I will add, if I may

Two other important components are:
Memory and the PSU, DONT OVERLOOK THE PSU, IT MEANS LIFE

D

jazztrumpet216 said:
Geez, he directly cut-and-pasted EVERYTHING I wrote, down to the disclaimer that I wasn't the one that wrote most of it. LOL

well he did say he did lift it from another forum....
just didnt metion what one.:-/

I'll say it again- sale of an ES is ILLEGAL. ES chips are "signed out" by Intel to employees, computer part manufacturers, and reviewers. They are never sold and do not stop being the property of Intel. The only time an ES can ever be sold is if it's more than 3 years old, at that point it is no longer property of Intel.

And just in case anyone's wondering, YES, Intel has come to people's doorsteps looking for their chips. They will track them and send your local law enforcement to confiscate the chip, and you're out however much money you spent on it.

Prayer of the Noob

Okay from reading a thread on Soyo P4I 845PE Lite Socket 478 mobo's biting the dirt and not worth the effort of trying to overclock; please, please, please tell me that my Celeron 2.7Ghz 128k 400FSB SocN is capable of giving me something extra.I plan on upgrading to a P4 and the Mobo also. I just have to wait until atleast Aug when I get back stateside. It's hard to get quality parts overseas. (not that they aren't made here in Korea)

wow, im grateful that there are people out there willing to throw good information together to help others, great thread

pics not working and i need to know how to up the voltage on a 800 celleron s370 via a pin mod, also the mod for changeing fsb from 100 to 133

west1 said:
wow, im grateful that there are people out there willing to throw good information together to help others, great thread

Whats your stock Voltage again? need your sspec for that, 1.7 or 1.75???
And what voltage range do you want?

VID Pins

I dont Know if this is the right place too ask, but I have P4 3.0 (SL6WU) on p4p800 MB. Ive Looked at the Intel specs and see that the truth table for the MB VRM output ends at 1.6volts.
When I change the bios voltage settings, the voltage on what appears to be the the regulator tracks reasonably close to the bios (as measured w/DVM). I see an increase in OC performance and heat.

One question is: Do I need to do the VID mod, or is the bios overriding the default 1.55v max.

The other thing that confusses me is that the specs state the VID pins are open drain FET outputs, and are ALL internally connected.
and that their states are dynamic across a range based on temperature.
I am not connecting the logic of the VID mods I have read about with what I have read in specs for Proc. and MB.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing.

P.S. I have gotten alot of very good info from this forum. Thanks All.

Bios is doing the VID mod for you. Some boards will not let you do this.
Also the use of the VID mod is to allow more voltage to the CPU than the BIOS will normally allow. BIOS's allow 10-20% incress of CPU voltage Defualt (board depending)...
So when you increase the CPU's defualt voltage with VID pinning, your BIOS will have more options for you.

VID Pins that are connected as connected to VSS aka ground....
As for voltage change on the fly based on temp, thats mobles only, not desktops. Desktop P4's however can drop their clock if overheating.

Hope that clears a few things up

Hi jay !
Now i've the same prob as Biomed-1. I use Asus main p4p800 Dlx & P42.6c. And i want to get around 1.6v so would you please to tell me exactly wich vid will i conect . Thanks !

saper said:
Hi jay !
Now i've the same prob as Biomed-1. I use Asus main p4p800 Dlx & P42.6c. And i want to get around 1.6v so would you please to tell me exactly wich vid will i conect . Thanks !

Well without knowing what the stock voltage is of your CPU i cant tell you... well other than short all needed pins for 1.6V, but on 1 or 2 are probly needed

So overall, there are many steppings for Intel p4 and p4 mobiles, D1,D0,C1,MO, which steppings are best overclockers.
Thanks

Back